The Museum is housed in an 1875 neoclassical building, on 4-6Melidoni Street, an example of/// a representative sample of the neoclassical era, which before taking its present form and use was a residence belonging to the family Dimitrios Petropoulos.
In 1967, the Archaeological Council decided the expropriation of the property for “archeological reasons” (Act No. 13/15-12-1967). In 1996, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism gave the property (decision 1996//D12/55798 APALL/1524) to the Center, to use it as an exhibition centre. The restoration of the building took place with the co-financing of the European Union.